12 Hair Care Tips For Any Length and Style
Regardless of its length or style, we all want one thing: a healthy, great looking head of hair. But the first step to having healthy, luxurious hair is to know its exact type. Is it oily, dry or normal? It your hair naturally curly or straight? Are you troubled by dandruff? Has your hair been processed in some way? Is it brittle or strong? Knowing your true starting point will allow you to better care for your hair and keep it looking its absolute best.
With short hairstyles, it’s important to protect your hair and your scalp every time you are in the sun. Look for protective styling products, and be sure to wear a hat to avoid sunburn. If your hair is short and curly, you should know that curly hair tends to break easier and needs more moisture than other types of hair.
The key to keeping medium-length to long hair beautiful and healthy looking is to protect it from split ends and becoming brittle. The longer hair is, the heavier it is, and as a result, more prone to breakage. If you have long or medium-length hair, never use a rubber band to pull your hair back into a ponytail as they can pull and damage hair. Instead, use a something elastic that is covered in a soft cloth to avoid breaking the delicate hair shafts.
Here are a few simple do’s and don’ts to 洗髮水 remember for every length and style of hair :
6 Essential Hair Care Do’s :
– Do gently brush your hair each night before going to bed as it will stimulate blood flow to your scalp and promote healthy hair growth.
– Do be sure to hold the hair dryer at least six to eight inches away from your hair and keep it moving at all times to avoid scorching the hair.
– Do gently wash your hair using a mild shampoo suitable for your type of hair with lukewarm water.
– Do use a conditioner to keep your hair manageable, healthy, and free of tangles.
– Do be sure to drink plenty of water and follow a balanced diet. Many people aren’t aware of the important role that proper nutrition plays regarding healthy hair care. Water is essential to keep your body and hair properly hydrated.
– Do try to avoid touching your hair unnecessarily as the oils from your hands can cause your hair to lose its luster and become dirtier faster.
6 Essential Hair Care Don’ts :
– Don’t brush wet hair, use a comb instead to avoid pulling and risking breakage.
– Don’t blow-dry your hair every day, the constant heat will cause it to become brittle and prone to breakage. Likewise, use your curling iron on the lowest possible setting.
– Don’t over process your hair using strong dyes and chemicals. If you do relax your hair or have it permanently waved, be sure to wait as long as possible in between treatments to avoid over processing and damage.